Improve Your Appearance with Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Gynecomastia is the enlargement of breast tissue in boys or men, and while it’s not a serious problem, it can be really difficult to cope with this condition because it’s embarrassing and some men even avoid certain physical activities and intimacy to hide it. Hormonal changes are usually the trigger for gynecomastia and more than half of boys develop this condition during puberty and it goes away with age. However, if gynecomastia persists, medication or surgery may help.
The ideal candidate for Male breast reduction surgery is someone who:
- Is physically healthy, of normal weight and does not have a life-threatening illness or medical condition that can impair healing
- Has stabilized breast development
- Has a condition that cannot be corrected through non-surgical breast reduction medical treatments (e.g. medication)
- Is a non-smoker and non-drug user
- Has a positive outlook and realistic goals
Teens may benefit from the breast reduction surgery, but must be made aware that additional procedures may be needed if their breasts continue to develop.
If you or someone you know is struggling with gynecomastia and are looking into surgical options please contact the gynecomastia doctor in San Francisco at (415) 392-3333.