The Daily Beast recently rated “America’s Vainest Cities” and San Francisco placed #1.
Rankings were determined by: body mass figures, & spending on “personal care”—at drugstores, salons, & other beauty centers.
The top 5 vainest cities are:
- San Francisco: Residents spend $111 monthly on personal care, 50.3% aren’t overweight, and 20.4% are gym members.
- Boston: At 23.2%, more belong to gyms than in San Francisco, but residents only spend $106/ month on personal care
- New York City: Personal care spending is just $81 a month per person
- Los Angeles: Approximately 39% of residents aren’t overweight.
- Hartford: Some 17.2% of residents belong to gyms.
To see the complete top 20 list, visit http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2575/1/