Tips for Post-Treatment Care
A lot of women feel awkward and embarrassed to engage in sexual intercourse after childbirth, because the vagina muscles become lax and lose firmness. However, this issue can be easily corrected via vaginoplasty and labiaplasty. You can regain your sexual prowess along with a tighter, more youthful vagina at the same time. These procedures also boost confidence and provide subtle motivation for those who are extremely self-conscious.
About the procedure: Every woman has a different kind of body, so the scope and extent of surgeries required will also vary. When it comes to vaginoplasty, a surgeon removes excessive tissue and tightens the remaining ones. Any soft region can be adjusted later with several related treatments. Labiaplasty corrects the shape of labia by reducing its size and changing the tissue structure for regularity. After the surgery is over, the incisions or cuts are sutured with soluble stitches that leave barely perceptible marks.
What happens after the treatment? After your procedure, you'll need to get through the recovery period, which takes a few weeks. Here are some tips that will help:
- Right after undergoing the treatment, you might feel painful sensations. While the pain isn’t excruciating, there are chances of inflammation around the nether regions that cause discomfort. The “bloated” feeling will also go away in a week or two. Discuss these issues with your surgeon so they can prescribe the necessary medications.
- It might be tough for some to abstain completely from sex, but you must allow a healing period of 4 to 6 weeks as the vagina is a sensitive part of the body.
- If you get your period, don’t use tampons unless a minimum of 10 days have already passed since the procedure.
- Urine is acidic, so it causes a slight burning or tingling sensation while urinating, when it comes in contact with the healing incision. Wash the area thoroughly with water and keep it clean before and after urinating. Contact your doctor right away if the burning feeling doesn’t subside soon.
- It is advisable not to move for 2 to 3 days after the operation. The capability to resume everyday tasks is based definitely on exactly how certainly your system recovers after the surgery. Let your body rest and relax during this time.
Usha Rajagopal, MD sfcosmeticsurgery.com Phone: (415) 392-3333